Credits and Inspiration
Everything creative is an amalgamation of old ideas with a personal twist. Caldera is no different. I drew on many sources of ideas and inspiration. This is my attempt to remember where these ideas came from.
- Cyberpunk (Neuromancer, especially, but many of the cyberpunk analysis websites)
- Kowloon Walled City, China
- John Maddox Roberts’ SPQR series of books about Decius Caecilius Metellus the Younger, the meddling detective in ancient Rome
- Urbis, by J. Hubert
- Ancient Rome, India, and Mesopotamia
- The Ptolus fantasy setting (another enormous city), by Monte Cook
- The Forgotten Realms and Eberron, whose giant footsteps I walk in
- Wikipedia. Seriously.
- Gary Numan (especially I, Assassin and Dance)
- Justin Bieber, paulstretched 8x
- Rob Zombie
- Mocean Worker
- Thievery, Inc.